Negombo / Pinnawela / Kandy / Peradeniya / Nuwaraeliya / Ella / Wellawaya / Tissamaharama / Tangalle / Galle
Airport - Negombo
- On arrival, your chauffeur guide/driver will welcome you at the Airport
- Thereafter drive to the hotel in Negombo. Spend the day at leisure or tour the Negombo Fishing Village depending on the time of arrival and if time permits.
Negombo : a touristic beach resort located close proximity to the airport, where the hotels and beach resorts are widely considered as a transit point.
Overnight stay in Negombo- Jetwing Beach Hotel-5 star or similar (B)
Negombo - Pinnawela - Kandy
- After breakfast-leave for Pinnawela- Visit Pinnawela elephant orphange
- PM-Visit Sacred Dalada Tooth temple/ Watch Cultural show a traditional dance performance by Kandyan dancers and drummers, followed by a fire-walking display.
Pinnawela : The orphanage was set up by the National Zoological Gardens to feed, nurse & house baby elephants abandoned by their mothers, stranded in the jungles and ravines.
Kandy: considered as the second largest city in the country after Colombo. It was the last capital in the Central province of the last king of Kandy. It was subjected to several attacks by the Portuguese and later the Dutch invaders (who were ruling the coastal areas) but were successfully repelled.
Overnight stay in Kandy- Earls regency Hotel- 5 star or similar (B)
Kandy - Peradeniya - Nuwaraeliya
- After breakfast- leave for Peradeniya- Visit the Royal Botanical gardens, Peradeniya
- Pm- leave for the cool climes of NuwaraEliya. Enroute, you will be passing through some of the panoramic mountains, valleys and some exotic waterfalls surrounded by Tea plantations. Visit a fully operating Tea plantation and a Tea factory and have the rare opportunity of your lifetime to taste a fine ‘Cup of original flavoured Sri Lanka Tea’ produced from the same tea plantation.
Nuwara Eliya : “The center of the hill country was also called the “Hill station”. This picturesque location which is approx 6200 feet above sea level with it’s soft English spring climate."
Overnight stay in NuwaraEliya- Heritance Tea Factory- 5 star or similar (B)
Nuwaraeliya - Ella - Wellawaya - Tissamaharama
- After breakfast at the hotel- take a local train ride to Ella-which will be one of the most spectacular train rides passing mountains, valleys and some awesome passes.
- You will be picked up by your chauffer guide driver from the Ella railway station and head Southwards where the climate radically changes from the cooler climes to the sunny dry zone, passing Wellawaya and proceed to Tissamaharama. Enroute visit Ravana Ella falls
Overnight stay in Tissamaharama- Cinamon Wild-4+ star or similar (B)
Tissamaharama - Tangalle - Galle
- After early breakfast at Hotel- leave for YALA- 4WD Jeep safari at Yala National park.
- Afternoon- leave for Galle- enroute you will pass Fishermen on stilts/Hummaniya blow hole– Visit Galle Dutch Fort–
Yala National park : Famed for herds of elephants, Leopard, Sloth bear, wild boar, Deer, crocodiles and the most beautiful Peacock among several other species of birds, both migrant & endemic to Sri Lanka.
Galle Dutch Fort : Declared a LIVING world heritage site by UNESCO. The Portuguese came to Galle in 1505, followed by the Dutch in 1640. After Colombo fell to the British in 1796, the fort was used as an administrative center, which is still functional to this day”.
Overnight stay in Galle – Heritance Ahungalla-5 star or similar (B)
Galle - Bia Airport
Breakfast at hotel- You will depart for the airport to catch flight leaving at ??. Flight details.
(You are required to be at the airport 3 hrs before flight).B- Breakfast, L- Lunch, D- Dinner